Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Family Affair - The Bostick Photo Shoot

A Family Affair

Late last month, I finally got my act together and scheduled family pictures for the Bostick’s. Now, I know, most of you have seen hubby, Roman and I in multiple pictures I have taken over the last 19 months of Roman’s life, but I wanted something that was done a little more formally than with my 3 year old, dying digital cam. And I have a soft spot in my heart for well done pictures of a child – they are the easiest way to remember what I imagine are some of the best moments of your life as time moves by so fast.

So the idea of getting pictures done was initially easier than the actual feat. I perused websites and made calls and found that I was not the only one with the “bright idea” to try and schedule a sitting so close to the holidays. Either too expensive, too late or too exotic (one site had a baby dressed in full makeup and peacock feathers…..uh, yeah) I was almost going to give up when I got a recommendation from within one of my mommy groups for a woman who also had a toddler close to Roman’s age. They described her as “local, reasonably priced and very accommodating”. Three better phrases had not been uttered. Even better – it turned out the mommy/photog in question was the parent of one of Roman’s new classmates. Doesn’t get better than that! (Uh, yes, I know I have yet to post the blog about Roman’s new school…..don’t judge me, I’m a busy momma!)

Picture Mommy let me schedule a sitting, and then reschedule when the weather was crap all day, and ended up giving us a 2 hour session that I could not have been happier with. We picked a place that we thought would showcase Roman, which 2 months ago I would have said was Atlanta-Hartsfield Airport, but as of late has been….the train tracks. Yes, we have abandoned our love for 747’s for a new love of double T – Thomas the Train, that is. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t love a good airplane still (hence the tee) but given his preference nowadays, it looks like Amtrak over Airtran apparently.

Picture Mommy met us at a local, deserted track….or so we thought. We lucked up on finding a train sitting idle and got a few great pics there while Roman marveled at the much bigger version of his choo-choo friend. At some point, the train seemed to be “talking” to us, and made a couple of incriminating puffs, so we abandoned it and settled on the closed tracks, which suited Roman just fine.
Daddy joined us and we got to play around on all the things Roman had heard about but never seen up close – the trail switches, signals and more.





From there we headed to a park but never quite made it. We got caught up in the beauty that is Emory’s campus and spent our last hour enjoying green grass and silly faces.

I have to say that I was so impressed with Picture Mommy's professionalism, patience (if you know me, then you know how fast I move…and Roman makes me look sedentary!) and sense of fun. The pics were ready that evening and printed shortly thereafter. I couldn’t have been more thrilled.
Hopefully you enjoy our family pics – I am keeping some of the best for a possible holiday card, if I can ever get my act together. In the meantime, if you should be in the Atlanta area and need a great family photographer, I highly recommend Ms. Picture Mommy and her camera services. Nothing short of a great time!

No comments: