Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting Grown

Even though its my 21st birthday today :), I am spending it reflecting on how my son is growing up so fast! My purpose of the blog was to share his exploits, but they happen so quick that I am pretty deliquent except for the few of you I get video or pictures to off my phone!

This summer, he's taken to books and particularly and letters, which you know Mommy could not be happier about. In the morning, he usually begs us to watch SuperReaders on PBS so he can shout out his letters while he stands transfixed in front of the TV. (Also the best 20 minutes we can buy for ourselves to get ready some morning....shhh, don't tell).

Smartest thing we ever brought for him? $5.95 foam letters for the bathtub from Target. With those, he learned this:

I listened to my girlfriends and made sure this video was "PG", since it is tub-related and I do want him to still speak to me when he's a teenager and not send me to Maury. But I was such a proud mommy that I even did a website review on those letters and how much I love them. Maybe Target will get me an endorsement deal?

Second to his love of letters is his Elmo toy he got for his first birthday. It took him a while to get into it, but once he did, this quickly became a "go-to" toy to keep him interested. Once we got him to stop trying to eat the circle, he eventually figured out what to do with it

I tried to get him on tape actually saying his shapes so you could hear how funny it is to listen to him try to say "triangle". Literally makes my day!


But above letters and shapes and Elmo and even Super Readers is his love for, you guessed it, THE CAR! If you know my husband at all, you know he comes by this insane love affair honestly, as Maurice could spend all day talking cars. But even he has tired of his new fave activity, which is climbing into the front seat of our cars to "DIVE". I wish this wasn't a daily act, but unfortunately, each day after day care pick up we end the afternoon with a trip behind the wheel.


Mommy's car is great, but Daddy's mustang is way cooler. We usually spend at LEAST 20 minutes in there!
As you can see, our baby is a baby no more. But this birthday was all the more special because I could reflect on all the joy he has given to me over the last year. Thanks for making this and every day so special, Roman! Mommy loves you!!!

No comments: