Monday, April 27, 2009

At The Car Wash

At the Car Wash –
If you know the Bostick clan relatively well, then you probably know a few “staple” things about the family. The description of my perfect day: waking up early in a foreign country, taking a brisk walk before having a wonderful buffet of decadent pastries prepared by a chef tableside. My husband’s idea: A typical California-like afternoon with no clouds in the sky and time to spend with his baby. His Mustang, I mean. For a while, mommy and even Roman occupied top “baby” status, but to a car aficionado like my hubby, horsepower and clean rims will always win.

So imagine my surprise when Maurice called for Roman and I to join him in his car washing ritual. I was almost afraid for us to go bc I knew I wouldn’t be quite careful enough and Roman would be, well, Roman. But he seemed so into it and it was a gorgeous day, so….

The car stays pretty spotless, so a wash for him is akin to a “rinse off” for most folks. But Roman happily obliged in helping Daddy fill the bucket with soapy water to wash the car. Or, in this case, to wash Roman.
The pictures don’t quite do it justice, as Roman was more excited about the bucket than anything else. He was soaked in about 30 seconds, so clothes sorta became worthless at this point. Luckily, my son has no problem sharing his pot belly with the world, especially if he can do it in the sun with the spray of a hose.

By the time we finished, the car was clean and Roman was filthy with twigs and grass and all kinds of stuff stuck to his soapy, soaking wet body. But we had a good time and were pretty good assistants, so we’re hoping Daddy lets us come back next time!

No comments: